Thursday 4 March 2010

Aquarids

The Aquarids meteor shower takes place between 28th-30th july (this year, right on the eve of a full moon - how inconvenient). However it will be possible to view meteors from this shower from the 20th july - making it possible to see some shooting stars during my outdoors performance!

I've began writing 'Perseids under a Devon Sky' today, despite the beautiful sunshine and chorus of birdsong outside my window telling me what I'm missing out on! Composing Music by William Russo has some great instructions on techniques that I'd like to brush up on. Scherchen's Handbook of Conducting is a great guide for both composer/performer, and Cambridge Companian to cello/violin should help me out with any techniques issues (being a piano player and everything).
Watch this space.